Friday, February 22, 2013

You're alone in that sin: A lie from the devil!

You’re alone: one of the biggest lies by which the devil uses to keep us entangled in sin and deep in shame.

Would anyone understand if I confessed?
Why would I confess when everyone would just think less of me?

Lies, lies and more lies: I was not alone!

For over two years I believed that lie.
For over two years I walked in hidden sin.
For over two years no one knew who I truly was.

On the outside I put up a front. On the inside I was rotting, decaying and falling apart.

Yes, I professed to be a believer when I was 7.
Yes, I knew all the right answers.
Yes, I was known as a “godly” leader amongst my peers.

But, I was the only one who truly knew what was going on inside of me.
It was depressing and lonely.
And each time I clicked that link or deleted that web history, I felt emptier.

I felt as if I was alone.
That no one would understand.
That I would be thought of as less.

Lies, lies, and more lies: I was not alone!

I couldn’t take it anymore.
I knew I couldn’t keep living two separate lives.
I was no longer clicking on that link because of desire or want. It was a habit.

A habit that I had did not want anymore.
But my pride was still getting in the way.

One morning, I decided to push that pride to the side.
I decided to not believe the lies of the devil.
But to believe the promises of God’s Word.

1 Peter 3:18, “For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring us to God. Being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit.”

Christ suffered once for my sins.
The sins that I keep giving into were the reason Jesus CHOSE to die for me.

The sinless creator of the world died for my sinful soul.

Each click, each lustful thought or action that I gave into were the reasons Jesus was spit upon, mocked, whipped and crucified.

Instead of thanking Jesus, I was turning my back on him.
Instead of thanking Jesus, I was saying I know better than the sustainer of the universe.

When I confessed my sins, all the lies of Satan were proved wrong.

I wasn’t alone.

The only one that was alone was Jesus as hung upon the cross.
The only one that was alone was Jesus as he endured the wrath for all of my lust, pride and lies.

I wasn’t condemned or looked down upon.
I was lifted up and encouraged by brothers and sisters.
I was surrounded by people who were struggling and fighting the same temptations of the world that I faced.

I wasn’t alone.

Satan wants to make us think we’re alone.
Satan wants to make us think no one will understand.

But they are lies: You are not alone!

In reality, it’s quite the opposite.
The devil uses the same tricks and the same snares to entice all human beings.

No human being is alone.
Don’t believe that lie anymore.
“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man…” (1 Corinthians 10:13)

“If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth…But…if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:6,9)

No comments:

Post a Comment