Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Living Wholeheartedly Today

A friend of mine sent me this quote by Charles Spurgeon yesterday, "We have no other time in which to live.  The past is gone; the future has not arrived; we never shall have any time but time present. Endeavour now to bring forth fruit. Serve God now. Do not fritter away your life in thinking of what you intend to do tomorrow as if that could recompense for the idleness of today. No man ever served God by doing things tomorrow. If we honour Christ and are blessed, it is by the thing which we do today. Do not give Christ a little slurred labour; but when you do serve Him, do it with heart, and soul, and strength."

It's so easy for me to think of the future, to think of what I want to do down the road. I so often desire to be in the future rather then in the present, but then I remember I'm exactly where I wished I was 2 years ago. I'm in the future of my past and now I'm wishing for something else.

I don't want this to be true of me anymore. I want to live today serving God wholeheartedly where I am. I don't want to look back in a year or two and be thinking of time that I wasted. Time that I frittered away thinking of the future. Let us us honor Christ in all that we do today and at this very moment. Let us serve God today with our whole heart, our whole soul and all the strength we can muster! Let's go to bed tonight tired from serving God wholeheartedly today.

No comments:

Post a Comment